Why ZOOM! Professional teeth whitening may be for you
- Teeth Whitening prior to restorative work. Only your natural teeth can be whitened, crowns, veneers and composites can not be bleached. So it’s a good idea to let your dentist know that you are not happy with the colour of your teeth prior to commencing with restorations.
- You want people to notice your smile. More importantly you want to feel better about your smile.
- If sensitivity has always been a concern when it comes to whitening, ZOOM! Teeth Whitening with the WhiteSpeed accelerator has adjustable strengths to make it a more comfortable experience.
- Red wine and coffee is something you do not want to give up but you would like help and advice on attaining and maintaining a brighter smile. A combination of regular scale and cleans and touch up treatments after ZOOM! WHITESPEED is all you will need to maintain your bright smile. Of course, you will need to tailor your treatment plan with your dentist to individually suit your needs.
- Wedding photos, you want your smile to dazzle!
- ZOOM! WhiteSpeed technology uses a LED Lamp and not UV.
- You just want to look brighter and think teeth whitening is what will do the trick!
Our Comprehensive Whitening Package for $980 inc GST comprises of:
- A General Dental Examination, with the suitability of teeth whitening assessed.
- A scale and clean (removal or calculus and stain on all teeth using an ultrasonic scaler).*
- Philips ZOOM! WhiteSpeed in-office teeth whitening
- Take home maintenance kit
*If you have heavy calculus and staining this may attract an extra fee, the fee will be made known to you prior to the scale & clean taking place.
What to expect
Results with any form of teeth whitening will vary on a number of factors, including your natural teeth colour and existing dental restorations. If you have tetracycline stains then we recommend that you book in for an initial check-up, consultation so that Dr Skinner can advise on the treatment options available for teeth whitening.
- Examination – this is the time where a full check-up takes place and discussion of any treatment required
- Whitening assessment – a discussion of whether you are a suitable candidate for whitening and what the anticipated results may be
- Scale and Clean – the removal of calculus and stain on all teeth
- The dental professional starts off by taking a pre-shade and picture of your teeth
- Your gums will be isolated from your teeth so that they do not come in contact with the tooth whitening gel as this can cause discomfort
- The application of teeth whitening gel occurs up to four times in fifteen-minute intervals, the strength of the WhiteSpeed lamp is adjusted as required depending on level of sensitivity
- We will discuss post care instructions and what food and beverages to avoid for the next few days
Health fund claims
Generally, health funds do not cover cosmetic procedures. Although recently we have noticed that some funds do. The item numbers are: 118 (bleaching external per tooth) x 16 (16 equals the number of teeth bleached).
You will also be able to claim on the examination and scale and clean component of our ZOOM Package. The item numbers are 011 or 012 & 114. Please note unlike other packages out there we do not only conduct a whitening consultation, a full examination is done at your initial appointment. We also do a full mouth scale and clean on all teeth, including the ones at the back as well as a removal of stain.
We can claim for you on the day of treatment using HICAPS, and you just pay the gap.
Copyright Dr.R.D Skinner – Dentist Melbourne